GERMANY: Messe Dusseldorf readies another 20% space increase for ProWein 2015
The organisers of the ProWein wine exhibition are planning to markedly increase the size of the event next year, as demand for stand space outstrips current availability.
Messe Düsseldorf confirmed to just-drinks earlier today (28 January) that, in 2015, the amount of space that will be given over to ProWein will rise by 20% on this year. In 2013, the exhibition covered 52,000 square metres, hosting just under 4,800 exhibitors. This year's event, which takes place between 23 and 25 March, will be the same size as last year.
“We have a waiting list for prospective exhibitors,” said Michael Degen, executive director of Messe Düsseldorf. “We want to maintain the structure of grouping each country's producers together: This is seen as a strength of ours.”
In 2013, the event was increased in size by 20% against the year before, with two extra halls brought into operation. Subsequently, the number of visitors increased by 10% year-on-year.
“It is important that the increase (in size) doesn't happen too fast,” Degen continued. “It's better to have a more organic step-change”.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of ProWein in Dusseldorf.
Click here for an exhibitors' map for ProWein 2014.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China