ITALY: Merger activity threatens SMEs
Small and medium-sized enterprises in the Italian wine trade may be hit by a round of mergers and acquisitions, according to a report released this week. The report, compiled by Deloitte Financial Advisory Services group, warns that the mergers and purchases can be expected in the near future.
The report, based on a survey of 48 Italian wine companies, was presented at the Vinitaly international wine trade fair currently being held in Verona.
The 48 companies represented around 30% of Italy's wine market in 2002.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends