AUS/UK: McGuigan extends Classic Grey Label wine range
Australian wine producer McGuigan has added two variants to its Classic Grey Label range in the UK.
The company said today (9 June) that both Pinot Grigio and Cabernet Sauvignon versions of the brand will be available through Tesco with a recommended retail price from GBP6.99 (US$11.34).
Developed specifically for the UK market, the Classic Grey Label range also features Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot and Shiraz, with the portfolio available through UK retailers including Tesco, Sainsbury's, Co-op and Majestic.
In a move to "over-deliver on quality and to add greater complexity", each wine in the range includes 25% premium 'dry-grown' fruit, the company said.
Last summer, McGuigan opened a temporary vineyard in the heart of London, located near Liverpool Street Station.
As administrators plough through offers for collapsed First Quench Retailing, a sales rise from Majestic Wine today (16 November) proves that there is life yet in independent and specialist wine retai...
Recession has been the final straw for First Quench Retailing, owner of Threshers wine stores, but company accounts show the business has been struggling for some time amid a turbulent period for the ...
Les Domaines Paul Mas' Estate Single Vineyard Collection...
Majestic Wine, the UK wine retailer, has declined to comment on a report that it faces a lawsuit from a wine critic in the UK....
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has posted a 9% rise in half-year profits and said it was "pleased" with the company's trading performance so far this year....
Viñalba's Selección Torrontés...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has halved its minimum purchase requirement from 12 bottles to six as it looks to maintain sales in the recession....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends