GLOBAL: McDonnell quits as Patron Spirits' COO, replacement appointed
Patron has appointed a new global COO and international president
Tequila producer Patron Spirits has appointed a new global chief operating officer and international president as John McDonnell has left the company.
A Patron spokesperson told just-drinks today (30 May): "I'm sad to say that John has decided to leave the company." McDonnell, who is also chairman of The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS), will be looking to "pursue something entrepreneurial" within the drinks industry, according to the spokesperson.
"He's been in the industry 30 years and has recently decided he wanted a change," the spokesperson added.
Just-drinks understands that it was McDonnell's decison to leave the company. Earlier this year, he was appointed international president and had been COO since 2005.
Patron, headquartered in Las Vegas, confirmed that McDonnell's replacement will be Dave Wilson, with effect from 10 June. Wilson, previously president of marketing group Brandmuscle's alcohol group, will report to Patron's CEO & president Ed Brown and be responsible for the "day-to-day worldwide operations and management of the company".
Brown said: "Dave's tremendous experience and leadership will help us grow the future of this company and our brands, and I'm thrilled that he is joining our team."
Wilson began his carreer in the spirits industry at Seagram, holding various production, finance, sales and marketing positions. After Seagram, he spent nine years in executive roles at National Wine and Spirits and at Southern Wine & Spirits.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends