UK: Maxxium launches Famous Grouse campaign
'Winter Grouse Season' is expected to be the highest investment in marketing activity for the company, Edrington Group said today (5 November), and will support the brands from St Andrew's Day later this month through to the Six Nations rugby tournament in February.
Both The Famous Grouse and The Black Grouse brands will benefit from media spend which will include TV and online advertising, as well as the first cinema advert for The Black Grouse.
Linda Sooprayen, brand manager for Maxxium UK, said: "The Winter Grouse Season is the largest, most comprehensive package we have ever announced to show our commitment to supporting the trade. We want to extend the key sales period around Christmas to help our stockists through the current challenging climate."
St Andrew's Day will be celebrated with a campaign taking place across the central belt of Scotland in November with commuters through the train stations Edinburgh Waverly and Glasgow Central being directed to participating venues.
A promotional mechanic will also offer consumers the chance to redeem a Famous Grouse scarf.
For the cash & carry and convenience sector, Maxxium will also be distributing The Famous Grouse gift box.
Last month The Edrington Group launched its Black Grouse whisky in India. The Black Grouse will initially be available in Delhi, with launches in other cities to follow.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts