SPAIN: Maxxium expands reach with Spanish JV
Maxxium, the distribution partnership between Highland Distillers, Jim Beam Brands, Remy Cointreau and Vin & Sprit, has expanded its operations in Spain, through a joint venture with Cartagena-based drinks company Diego Zamora.
Maxxium's Spanish arm, Maxxium Espana, announced today that it had set up the 50/50 distribution joint venture, which will be called Zadibe Maxxium.
The company will distribute Maxxium and Diego Zamora brands in the Spanish market and is expected to have a turnover of €96m.
In a statement, Maxxium said: "Zadibe Maxxium offers strategic advantages to both partners. Maxium Espana benefits from the inclusion of Licor 43, a successful brand on the Spanish market. Diego Zamora considerably strengthens its distribution portfolio with Maxxium key brands.
"The new joint venture has a national sales force with a focus on and considerable know-how in on-premise brand building distribution," it said.
Zadibe Maxxium's sales network includes peninsula Spain, the Canaries, Balearics and Andorra and its regional strength lies in Cataluna and Levante.
The company will be based in Barcelona.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends