UK: Maxxium announces UK sales growth
Black Bottle, The Famous Grouse, The Claymore, Whyte and Mackay
Maxxium's leading brands accounted for 15% of all Scotch whisky sold in the UK in volume terms and over 17% in value terms (AC Nielsen MAT Nov/Dec - excluding deluxe blends).
The company reported sales of The Famous Grouse in UK multiple grocers rose 3% in the last 12 months. In UK independent specialists, sales of The Famous Grouse out performed the market, increasing by over 7%.
Alex Gonnella at Maxxium said: "These sales figures confirm the strength of Maxxium's portfolio of blends and malts in a highly competitive market."
Across the independent retailers, Whyte and Mackay sales increased by nearly 12% and growth in independent specialists rose by 13%. Claymore also saw sales increase by nearly 7% in UK independent grocers in 2000.
"We are committed to building on this success by continuing to offer our customers the brands demanded by consumers backed by a support package which helps our customers drive their sales forward and increase their profit opportunities," Gonnella added.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review