CANADA: Marnier-Lapostolle, Diageo renew distribution tie-up
Diageo first agreed a distribution deal in 2008.
Marnier-Lapostolle has renewed a deal with Diageo that gives the UK firm exclusive distribution rights to its brands in Canada.
Under the new three-year agreement, Diageo will act as sole agent for orange and Cognac liqueur Grand Marnier and the French group's other brands: Cuvée Louis-Alexandre, Cuvée du Centenaire and Cuvée du Cent-Cinquantenaire. The companies first agreed a distribution deal in 2008.
Alexandra Marnier Lapostolle, Marnier-Lapostolle's president, said: “The history of our partnership since 2008 has shown positive growth in value and sales, as well as a mutual strategy and priority in finding luxury brand opportunities for Grand Marnier.”
Canada is Marnier-Lapostolle's second-largest global market. The new deal will expire in June 2016.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends