EUR: Marketing, innovation director Europe quits Diageo
The marketing & innovation director for Europe is set to leave Diageo
Diageo has confirmed a change of marketing & innovation director for Western Europe.
Edward Pilkington, the company's global category director for vodka, rum and gin, has moved across to fill the position, Diageo said yesterday (9 July). He replaces Matt Barwell who had held the post for just under two years.
Barwell is set to leave Diageo in September. He joined the company from Mars in 1998 and has been global marketing director for the J&B whisky brand and marketing & innovation director for Africa. When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for the company said: "Matt has decided that it is now time to take on a new challenge in his career and, given his desire to be based in GB while his children are at school, will pursue these outside of Diageo. We wish him all the best for the future."
The switch took effect from 1 July, with Barwell staying on for a couple of months to “allow for a smooth transition”.
Pilkington joined Diageo in 1990 and has held roles including marketing & innovation director for Australia, as well as assuming the same position for Latin America and the Caribbean.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends