UK: Mark Hunter takes British Beer & Pub Association chair
The CEO of Molson Coors UK, Mark Hunter, has become the chairman of the British Beer & Pub Association.
Hunter will take over from Ralph Findlay following the trade body's annual general meeting today (14 December). Findlay, who is the CEO of Marston's, has completed his mandated two-year term in the post.
Hunter takes the post amid ongoing pub closures, annual duty tax hikes and falling overall beer consumption in the UK. He said: "Over the next two years, we have to set in train two things. We have to play, fully, our leading role in building a culture of moderation in the UK, founded on respect for alcohol and we have to champion our category through a celebration of beer and pubs - reconnecting British drinkers with beer."
In addition to stepping down as chairman, the British Beer & Pub Association said that Findlay will also leave its board. Erik Castenskiold, director of corporate affairs at Mitchells & Butlers, will replace him.
In recent years a big re-invention story for the beer industry has been craft regional beers, especially in the US but also now in parts of Europe. We believe this is driven by that segment being a co...
Molson Coors has lined up two directorial changes....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research