GLOBAL: Malteurop acquires ADM Malting
Leading French malt producer Malteurop, has leapt into the worldwide number one slot with its purchase of ADM Malting from Archer Daniels Midland Company.
The deal, announced on Friday (1 August), means Malteurop, already the world's third largest supplier with sales of EUR407m (US$636m), will now produce 2m tons of malt annually.
The company said it aims to raise production to 3.5m tons by 2015, and will focus on its activities in Russia and Ukraine.
A spokesperson for Malteurop, controlled by French group Champagne Céréales, confirmed to just-drinks today (4 August) that the company will begin building three new factories in Poland, Ukraine and Spain.
Malteurop declined to comment on the amount paid for ADM Malting, the biggest US malt producer with 742,000 tons annually.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends