US: Malibu to up advertising profile in US
Malibu has unveiled plans for a promotional push this summer in the US.
The campaign will include TV, radio and trade print advertising during the summer, while retailers will be offered a consumer sampling programme, which will be available to support national on-trade initiatives.
In addition, Malibu will also run a 'Taste the Island Life' consumer sweepstakes program where consumers can win a trip to Barbados, the home of Malibu Rum. Sweepstakes entry will be available via in-store tear pads or through www.malibutrip.com.
"The rum category is growing and full of opportunity, and Malibu is poised to capitalise on that momentum this summer," said Michelle Riley, malibu brand director, Pernod Ricard USA.
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine's. Brand director Peter...
A major takeover, persistent speculation about further acquisitions and most recently a legal wrangle with a prominent competitor over the ownership of a key brand have made the past year or so fairly...
India's UB Group and Russian vodka producer Russian Standard have signed a deal that will see the companies distribute each other's products in their respective markets....
Rum producer J Wray & Nephew has appointed David McConnell as managing director of the company's global marketing division....
Tia Maria has tied up with upcoming rom-com 'The Holiday'....
Pernod Ricard has rolled out a 16-year-old cask strength single malt for its flagship Scotch whisky The Glenlivet....
Fifteen beverage alcohol producers in the US have paid a combined US$2.3m to settle a probe into rebates and gifts given to retailers to market their products in New York....
The acquisition of rum producer Cruzan and the purchase of a stake in Beam Global Spirits & Wine has hit nine-month earnings at V&S Group....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts