UK: Majestic chairman to step down
Majestic chairman to step down
The chairman of Majestic Wine, the UK wine retailer, is to step down from his role at the firm’s next AGM.
Simon Burke, a non-executive director of Majestic since 2000 and chairman since 2005, will step down on 6 August, the company said today (26 January).
Phil Wrigley has been appointed as chairman designate of Majestic and will join the board in April as a non-executive director, He will become chairman following Simon Burke's retirement.
Steve Lewis, chief executive, said: “I would like to thank Simon for the very significant contribution he has made to the success of Majestic over the last ten years. I am looking forward to welcoming Phil to the board in April. His broad retail and property experience will be invaluable in continuing to grow the Majestic story.”
Burke previously held senior management positions at Debenhams, Arcadia and BHS. He is currently chairman of LXB Retail Properties and until recently he was chairman of New Look.
Earlier this month Majestic reported a double digit rise in sales for the key Christmas trading period.
Jackson Family Wines has appointed Bill O'Connor to the role of executive vice president of sales for its Majestic Fine Wines division....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts