MEXICO/SPAIN: Mahou-San Miguel signs Grupo Modelo deal
Grupo Modelo to sell Mahou lager in Mexico
Mahou San-Miguel has signed a distribution deal with Grupo Modelo that will see its Mahou lager enter Mexico for the first time.
Modelo will distribute Mahou lager across both the off- and on-trade, Spain-based Mahou-San Miguel said yesterday (17 November). The group said that it sees an opportunity in Mexico's "growing niche market" for imported, premium beer.
Mahou is set to benefit from Modelo's position as Mexico's largest brewer by volume. Consumers in Mexico drink 7bn litres of beer annually, around twice that consumed in Mahou's native Spain.
For Modelo, meanwhile, the deal offers the firm another premium beer with which to combat the Heineken brand. Heineken owns the country's second largest brewer, FEMSA Cerveza. Anheuser-Busch InBev has a 50% non-controlling stake in Modelo.
This month, we present a four-part management briefing into the role the alcoholic drinks industry does play, doesn't play, and ought to play in encouraging responsible consumption. Part two sees Ben ...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has squeezed Heineken out of the Dominican Republic via its deal to gain control of the country's largest brewer, Ceverceria Nacional Dominicana (CND)....
Earlier this week, Harris Interactive released its annual study of brand health for beverages in the US....
Grupo Damm's Estrella Damm beer brand is set to benefit from a marketing push in the UK....
Constellation Brands has lined up a new credit facility....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research