GLOBAL: LVMH appoints Glenmorangie Co president
Glenmorangie Co gets new MD, president
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has promoted Paul Skipworth to the post of president and MD of The Glenmorangie Co, while Moët Hennessy itself has got a new marketing director.
Skipworth, who until this month was chief operating officer at Glenmorangie Co, will replace Paul Neep at the Scotch whisky business. Neep has retired after 14 years in the role, but he will remain with the company as non-executive chairman, said Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) today (23 August).
In his first words as MD, Skipworth praised his predecessor for being "instrumental in successfully delivering a major restructure and investment programme which leaves the company and the brands in a very strong position". Skipworth has been COO of Glenmorangie Co since January 2009 and was regional director at Moët Hennessy Asia-Pacific before that.
Separately today, LVMH also announced that Glenmorangie's marketing and communications director, Marc Hoellinger, will become marketing strategy director for the entire Moët Hennessy wine and spirits business.
It was not immediately clear who Hoellinger is replacing. Meanwhile, David White will take Hoellinger's role at Glenmorangie Co, having previously been senior marketing manager at the Scotch whisky group.
The final part of just-drinks' December management briefing, looking back over the past 12 months, reviews what 2011 meant for the global wine industry. Ben Cooper reports....
Much has been written about the continued growth potential for imported spirits in China, but a new report from The IWSR examines the special position the traditional spirit, baijiu, holds in the Chin...
Rebounding Champagne sales and the Asian thirst for Cognac have propelled Moet Hennessy to strong rises in sales and profits in 2011....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research