ITALY/NETHERLANDS: Luxardo plumps for A Brand New Day in Netherlands
A Brand New Day for Luxardo in the Netherlands?
Italian liqueurs group Luxardo has confirmed a switch of distributor in the Netherlands.
The family-owned firm said late last week that A Brand New Day Drinks Company will become the new distributor for its brands in the Netherlands from 1 July. Luxardo's brands, which include a namesake limoncello and a sambuca, had previously been handled by Fine Drinks – formerly Racke Nederland.
“We want to thank Fine Drinks for the creation of the number one position in the limoncello segment” said Matteo Luxardo. ”We are convinced that A Brand New Day will further improve the position for Luxardo.”
The Italian firm said it believes A Brand New Day “will be able to grow the brand position further”, a spokesperson told just-drinks. The company will focus on the Dutch on-trade going forward.
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends