ITALY/NETHERLANDS: Luxardo plumps for A Brand New Day in Netherlands
A Brand New Day for Luxardo in the Netherlands?
Italian liqueurs group Luxardo has confirmed a switch of distributor in the Netherlands.
The family-owned firm said late last week that A Brand New Day Drinks Company will become the new distributor for its brands in the Netherlands from 1 July. Luxardo's brands, which include a namesake limoncello and a sambuca, had previously been handled by Fine Drinks – formerly Racke Nederland.
“We want to thank Fine Drinks for the creation of the number one position in the limoncello segment” said Matteo Luxardo. ”We are convinced that A Brand New Day will further improve the position for Luxardo.”
The Italian firm said it believes A Brand New Day “will be able to grow the brand position further”, a spokesperson told just-drinks. The company will focus on the Dutch on-trade going forward.
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row