AUS: Lion doubles Little Creatures capacity with US$54.6m site
The Kirin Holdings subsidiary has expanded its Little Creatures brewery
Lion has expanded its Little Creatures craft brewing operations in Australia with the opening of a new AUD60m (US$54.6m) site.
The Australasian group, a subsidiary of Kirin Holdings, cut the ribbon on the new brewery and hospitality venue in Geelong, Victoria, yesterday (9 December). The site, which will brew and distribute Little Creatures' beers, will double the craft brewer's production capacity in Australia, Lion said.
“We’ll be able to produce beer closest to where our future growth will come from – the eastern states,” said CEO of Lion, Stuart Irvine. “Beer is always best consumed fresh, and this allows us to provide fresher product to the eastern market.”
The brewery has a number of environmentally-friendly features, such as waste heat collection and a carbon dioxide recycling system, the company said. It is expected to produce around 1.25m cartons of beer in its first year.
The 500-capacity hospitality venue, part of the development, will serve the full range of Little Creatures beers and “shareable” food, the group added.
Lion fully acquired Little World Beverages, owner of Little Creatures, last year, having previously had a 36% stake in the brewer.
After Schincariol Participações e Representações SA was totally acquired by Kirin Holdings at the end of 2011, the company started to review its process and structure, in order to become more organise...
Kirin Brewery Co Ltd aims to increase its sales and profit by 2015. In order to achieve this, the company plans to invest its resources to enhance the Kirin brand regardless of its profit in 2013. The...
Japanese brewer Kirin has significantly expanded its geographic coverage through acquisition. This profile analyses the company’s strategies for dealing with challenging domestic conditions and develo...
San Miguel Brewery is expected to receive regulatory approval this week to sell a bond that will net the company up to PHP20bn (US$448.6m)....
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research