US: Le-Nature’s woes continue
A group of creditors has forced beverage manufacturer Le-Nature's into bankruptcy. The group does not necessarily seek the company's liquidation, but rather assurance of payment of US$1.4m, and expects the company to continue producing beverages.
The 17-year-old firm employs some 200 workers and makes waters, teas, juices and nutritional drinks under the Ice, Dazzler, and Kettle Brewed brands.
Earlier, a judge had ruled the company might have engaged in potentially criminal activity. Company executives were dismissed and prohibited from accessing company property, after financial statements showed discrepancies and insufficient cash to support disbursed cheques and overdue debts totalling more than US$10m.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report