FRANCE: Laurent-Perrier to merge with Malakoff
In a statement and the companies the deal would boost Laurent-Perrier's position at home and on the export market while strengthening its roots in the Champagne region of north-eastern France.
The deal is still subject to certain unspecified conditions. However if these are met then the merger should be completed by the beginning of 2004.
Laurent-Perrier is the only pure champagne player listed on the Paris bourse and has annual turnover of €160m. Chateau Malakoff, which owns the Jeanmarie, Beaumet and Oudinot brands, has sales of €45m.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets