FRANCE: Laurent-Perrier lines up directorial switch after resignation
Laurent-Perrier has proposed a new director
Laurent-Perrier has proposed a change to its board after one director resigned his position.
The Champagne house, which is listed on the French stock exchange, said earlier today (9 July) that Marie Cheval has been co-opted by its board as a member. Cheval would replace Grant Gordon, who has resigned “for personal reasons”, the company said.
Cheval, 38, was head of global transaction & payment services for Société Générale before moving to Boursorama as chief executive.
“[Cheval] will strengthen the board, to which she will bring her in-depth knowledge of the Champagne region and her extensive experience in finance and management,” Laurent-Perrier said.
Her appointment is subject to the approval of the group's next general meeting of shareholders, scheduled for July next year.
Last month, Laurent-Perrier posted a slide in full-year net profits, despite a 2% lift in sales in the 12 months to the end of March.
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
This month's management briefing takes a look at the last 12 months for the global drinks industry. In part one, Ben Cooper reviews the year in the bottled water category....
New Zealand winemaker Trinity Hill is to change UK distributor from Enotria to Liberty Wines. ...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends