CANADA: Lakeport Brewing exec joins Brick Brewing
Brick Brewing has appointed a new chief technical officer.
The Canadian craft brewer said today (5 May) that Russell Tabata, who joins the company from domestic rival Lakeport Brewing, will assume the position from 25 May. Tabata will report in to Brick's president and CEO, George Croft.
Tabata will be responsible and accountable for all operational aspects of the business. Reporting directly to Tabata will be Bill Henry, director of brewing, quality and logistics and Robert Richardson, director of engineering, maintenance and packaging.
"Russell has over 20 years of progressive experience in all aspects of the food and beverage business," said Croft. "He has a successful track record of developing and leading high-performance teams and brings an exemplary combination of business judgement, professional skills and integrity to the business.
Tabata added: "I am excited to be joining the Brick Brewing team and look forward to contributing to the significant changes and improvements already underway in the organisation."
In March, Brick Brewing said it was facing a lawsuit filed by two of its own shareholders, over a private share placement initiated by the firm last year.
The CEO of Canada's Brick Brewing Company has told just-drinks his business will "aggressively defend" an intellectual property lawsuit brought by Anheuser-Busch InBev....
Brick Brewing today (20 August) began shipping its new Red Baron Lime to the Canadian market....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Tsingtao Brewery issues profits warning
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends