Product Launch - CANADA: Lake of Bays Brewing Co's NHL Alumni craft beer
Lake of Bays Brewing Co will release the NHL-themed craft beer in Canada later this year
Lake of Bays Brewing Co's NHL Alumni craft beer
Category - Beer, lager, craft, Canada, 4.6% abv
Available - From the Autumn
Location - Ontario, Canada, in on- and off-trade, before rolling out to the country's provinces and the US
Price - In Ontario, SRP of CAD2.65 (US$2.60) per tall can
Distribution - Lake of Bays Brewing Co
Lake of Bays Brewing Co has partnered with the NHL Alumni Association to ready a hockey-themed craft beer in Canada. The as-yet-unamed beer will be launched in Ontario in the Autumn to coincide with the start of the hockey season. Subsequent releases will follow.
The company is also “exploring potential international distribution”, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
The NHL Alumni Association and Lake of Bays Brewing Company are proud to announce plans to drop the puck on a new family of collaboratively-produced beers, with the initial launch set for fall 2013.
“We are extremely honoured that the NHL Alumni have chosen Lake of Bays Brewing Company to be their official beer and for us to be part of ‘Hockey’s Greatest Family’,” said Darren Smith, president and founder of Lake of Bays Brewing Company. “The NHL Alumni is a wonderful organization and we are thrilled that proceeds from the sales of these new products will go to the NHL Alumni in support of its alumni and charitable causes.”
Smith confirmed that the first beer to hit stores will be a lager, traditionally brewed in small batches using only natural ingredients. Similarly crafted special release and collector brews are expected to soon follow the initial launch, targeted for October 2013.
“Lake of Bays Brewing Co. approached us with the idea of creating a product associated with our organization and the history of the game,” said Mark Napier, executive director of the NHL Alumni Association. “They brew great quality beer, have an excellent marketing strategy and equally important, they are team players that understand the importance of our association and our many causes.”
Original source: Company Release
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer