SWEDEN: Lactalis in talks to buy Swedish dairy Skanemejerier
French dairy and juice firm Lactalis is in talks to buy Swedish co-op Skånemejerier.
Lactalis is carrying out due diligence on the business, which sells a range of dairy products and fruit juices. A spokesperson for Lactalis yesterday (15 November) confirmed that the company was in negotiations to buy Skånemejerier but declined to comment further.
Skånemejerier said the discussions would "most likely" lead to the sale of the company but said more information would not be available until the due diligence was completed and the co-op's members approved any deal.
The Swedish firm said it wanted to secure its members' milk production and the value of its trademarks. The company sells products including fruit juices under the Bravo brand.
In 2010, Skånemejerier reported net profit of SEK300.2m (US$44.6m), up sharply from SEK26.9m a year earlier. The jump in earnings was due to the proceeds of the sale of a majority stake in juice business ProViva to Danone.
Skånemejerier reported an operating loss of SEK52.1m as costs increased. Sales rose 10.8% to SEK3.31bn.
The first part of Chris Mercer's interview with Cecile Bonnefond, CEO of Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' Champagne unit, ended with the Champagne veteran holding forth on the need ...
At last week's Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference, Danone faced up to the challenges its bottled water division faces in Western Europe. Richard Corbett concurs and sympathises. But, Richard ...
Tequila Avión has launched a US television commercial for its namesake Tequila brand....
Constellation Brands is set to launch two television adverts for its Svedka vodka brand in the US....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK