SWEDEN: Lactalis in talks to buy Swedish dairy Skanemejerier
French dairy and juice firm Lactalis is in talks to buy Swedish co-op Skånemejerier.
Lactalis is carrying out due diligence on the business, which sells a range of dairy products and fruit juices. A spokesperson for Lactalis yesterday (15 November) confirmed that the company was in negotiations to buy Skånemejerier but declined to comment further.
Skånemejerier said the discussions would "most likely" lead to the sale of the company but said more information would not be available until the due diligence was completed and the co-op's members approved any deal.
The Swedish firm said it wanted to secure its members' milk production and the value of its trademarks. The company sells products including fruit juices under the Bravo brand.
In 2010, Skånemejerier reported net profit of SEK300.2m (US$44.6m), up sharply from SEK26.9m a year earlier. The jump in earnings was due to the proceeds of the sale of a majority stake in juice business ProViva to Danone.
Skånemejerier reported an operating loss of SEK52.1m as costs increased. Sales rose 10.8% to SEK3.31bn.
The first part of Chris Mercer's interview with Cecile Bonnefond, CEO of Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' Champagne unit, ended with the Champagne veteran holding forth on the need ...
At last week's Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference, Danone faced up to the challenges its bottled water division faces in Western Europe. Richard Corbett concurs and sympathises. But, Richard ...
Tequila Avión has launched a US television commercial for its namesake Tequila brand....
Constellation Brands is set to launch two television adverts for its Svedka vodka brand in the US....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role