CANADA: Labatt appoints president of Canadian operations
Fred Jaques, president of The Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. today announced the appointment of Bruce Elliot to the position of president, Labatt Breweries of Canada. In his new position, Elliot will be responsible for the strategic direction and management of the company's Canadian operations. "Bruce's experience and successful track record in virtually every area of our business, combined with his outstanding leadership skills, will allow Labatt to continue aggressively building on our strong position in the Canadian beer market," said Mr. Jaques, executive vice president, Interbrew North America and president, Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. "I'm excited to be leading an organization known globally for its world- class brands, its outstanding and dedicated employees, as well as its innovative marketing programs and initiatives," said Elliot. A 23-year veteran of Labatt, Elliot was most recently president, Labatt Breweries Ontario. He started with the company in 1977 and advanced through successively more responsible positions in the company's sales and marketing divisions. In 1988, he was appointed director of sales for Labatt Breweries Ontario before being promoted to vice president, sales and marketing for the Canadian market in 1993. In 1995 he was named president of Labatt, Atlantic Region, a position he held until 1998. Elliot's appointment is effective immediately. Headquartered in Toronto, The Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. is one of North America's most successful brewers with operations in Canada, the United States and Mexico. A brewer of more than 60 quality beers, Labatt is part of Belgium- based Interbrew S.A.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages