CANADA: Labatt appoints president of Canadian operations
Fred Jaques, president of The Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. today announced the appointment of Bruce Elliot to the position of president, Labatt Breweries of Canada. In his new position, Elliot will be responsible for the strategic direction and management of the company's Canadian operations. "Bruce's experience and successful track record in virtually every area of our business, combined with his outstanding leadership skills, will allow Labatt to continue aggressively building on our strong position in the Canadian beer market," said Mr. Jaques, executive vice president, Interbrew North America and president, Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. "I'm excited to be leading an organization known globally for its world- class brands, its outstanding and dedicated employees, as well as its innovative marketing programs and initiatives," said Elliot. A 23-year veteran of Labatt, Elliot was most recently president, Labatt Breweries Ontario. He started with the company in 1977 and advanced through successively more responsible positions in the company's sales and marketing divisions. In 1988, he was appointed director of sales for Labatt Breweries Ontario before being promoted to vice president, sales and marketing for the Canadian market in 1993. In 1995 he was named president of Labatt, Atlantic Region, a position he held until 1998. Elliot's appointment is effective immediately. Headquartered in Toronto, The Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. is one of North America's most successful brewers with operations in Canada, the United States and Mexico. A brewer of more than 60 quality beers, Labatt is part of Belgium- based Interbrew S.A.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends