S AFRICA: KWV production executive quits
Disagreement about future structures and strategies has resulted in production executive Willem Bestbier leaving KWV.
He and newly-appointed CEO, Thys Loubser, who joined the company in January, could not find common ground after Loubser received a mandate from his board to flatten the company's structures and develop new business strategies.
Both Loubser and Bestbier, who has 25 year's service, stated that, after "in-depth and mature" discussions, they could not find common ground and Bestbier left.
Within weeks of taking over from Willem Barnard, Loubser announced that KWV International and KWV South Africa would revert to being the marketing and production departments of the company.
After the senior management structures were flattened, each department had to do the same and this is where problems set in. The issue came to a head last Wednesday and Bestbier left on Friday (5 October).
Bestbier said he would be reassessing his options, before deciding what he intended to do.
KWV will shortly start the process of finding his replacement.
KWV Limited has reported growth in turnover and earnings, as the South African wine group benefited from a healthy dividend from its compatriot drinks group Distell....
French wine producer and trader Les Grands Chais de France (GCF) has acquired German counterpart Racke's winery at Mainz-Hechtsheim, as well as its Amselkeller, Viala, Bongeronde and Rosière brands fo...
The Racke Group has taken over control of its Eggers & Franke wine distribution joint venture in Germany....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer