FRANCE: Kronenbourg targets French HORECA growth
Kronenbourg has said that it is looking to re-conquer the ailing French beer market by increasing its share in the country's HORECA sector.
"The aim is to increase market share of the HORECA trade from 34% to 40%," said Kronenbourg's Valentine Heliot today (23 April).
The new strategy, officially announced at the beginning of this year, has already seen the sale of Kronenbourg's in-house drinks distribution company, Elidis, to C10, an independent distributor for the HORECA sector in the country.
C10, which recently merged with Distriboissons, is now the leading independent HORECA distributor in France.
"Integrated distribution is an outdated business model," said Kronenbourg's communications director Jean Haensmaennel, at the time of the Elidis sale earlier this month.
The French beer market, which fell by 3.7% to 19.5m hectolitres in 2007, has been shrinking by about 3% per year for the last 20 years.
Results from both Coca-Cola and PepsiCo this week show that the pendulum of power is swinging firmly from blue to red....
There is no doubting that Champagne has a unique cachet among sparkling wines but non-Champagne sparklers have been growing well in recent years. According to a new report from just-drinks and IWSR, w...
Heineken and Efes Breweries International have confirmed further details of their joint-venture in Serbia, and the closure of one of their breweries in the country....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo is rolling out its The Singleton of Dufftown single malt in the UK....
Swedish distiller Camitz & Lindberger has lined up the UK launch of its Camitz sparkling vodka brand....
Whyte & Mackay has launched a new GBP1m (US$1.7m) advertising campaign for its Vladivar vodka brand in the UK....
US group Crayons All-Natural Beverage Co has launched a new range of functional juice drinks aimed at children....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research