JAPAN: Kirin seeks partner for Asian expansion
Kirin is looking to move into Vietnam and Thailand in the near future with India a major attraction in the longer term. The company has also looked at Russia and other European markets but is believed to have ruled out any move there.
"We continue to examine some information," Kirin spokesman Hiroshi Fujikawa told just-drinks.com. "There are some opportunities and both of us [Kirin and Lion Nathan] are ready to get into it together. We are going to co-operate next time we get into
But Fujikawa says that before Kirin embarks on new ventures it will try to sort out its ailing Shanghai operations. Analysts believe that Kirin may bail out of China, possibly selling to Tsingtao of Qingdao, and use Lion Nathan to blaze a trail in China. That would leave Kirin free to concentrate on other Asian markets.
Companies: Lion Nathan
After some less than successful diversification in recent years, Lion Nathan is focusing its attentions back on beer and winning the approval of analysts in the process. The company looks set to gain ...
Integrating spirits, wine and beer has proved problematic for major drinks groups over the years but expansionary moves by the two major Australian brewers, Foster's Group and Lion Nathan, suggest tha...
Lion Nathan has appointed a new non-executive director....
Coopers Brewery is fighting the takeover attempt from fellow Australian brewer Lion Nathan....
Lion Nathan today announced that it intends to make an off-market offer for Coopers Brewery Ltd (Coopers). The offer of A$260 per share in cash values Coopers at A$352m....
Lion Nathan has received further assurances that it is not about to be taken over....
Lion Nathan has played down speculation that it may be the subject of a takeover....
Lion Nathan has said it is on target to reach its full-year net profit after tax forecast for 2005 of between A$230m and A$235m before one-off charges....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages