JAPAN: Kirin Holdings to acquire Fraser & Neave stake
Kirin Holdings acquires F&N stake
Kiring Holdings has agreed to acquire nearly 15% of Fraser & Neave for JPY84.6bn (US$967.8m) as part of the Japanese drinks firm's plan to expand overseas.
Kirin has signed a deal to acquire shares in Singapore-based Fraser & Neave (F&N) from Seletar Investments Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of investment firm Temasek Holdings, the Japanese brewer said today (26 July).
The move will hand Kirin a 14.7% stake in F&N, which has a joint-venture in South East Asia with Heineken, named Asia Pacific Breweries.
"This transaction will provide Kirin with opportunities to expand its business base in the fast-growing South East Asian market, and Kirin plans to work closely with F&N to enhance the enterprise value for both companies," said Kirin.
The firm said the deal, which values F&N at JPY411.6 per share, should be complete by 29 July.
Kirin already owns Australia's Lion Nathan - which jointly produces and sells Heineken's brands in the country - and a near-49% stake in San Miguel Brewery.
Earlier today, Kirin lowered sales and profits guidance for the first half of 2010.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
One of the first signs of madness, I was always told, is talking to yourself. If that's the case, then Larry Nelson may have finally lost it. Before we cart him off, though, let's listen in on his and...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report