JAPAN: Kirin Holdings sets up soft drinks co
Kirin Holdings forms soft drinks arm
Japanese drinks giant Kirin Holdings has set up a new company that will focus on the soft drinks sector.
Kirin has established Shinshu Beverage as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
Under the deal, the soft drinks arm of Kirin's existing subsidiary, Nagano Tomato Co, will form Shinshu Beverage.
The remainder of Nagano Tomato will become an independent company, halt production of soft drinks but remain as a manufacturer and wholesaler of food and tomato-based products.
"We have decided to go ahead and establish the new company but we cannot release the details of funding or personnel at the moment," Hajime Kawasaki, a spokesperson for Kirin, told just-drinks today (18 June).
Kirin is one of the "big four" brewers in Japan and markets the popular beers Kirin Lager and Ichiban Shibori.
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
Japan's brewers are toasting the first monthly rise in domestic beer and quasi-beer shipments since September, according to recent figures....
Wells & Young's will be forced to cut jobs as a result of losing the rights to Corona Extra and Red Stripe lagers in the UK....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research