JAPAN/TAIWAN: Kirin Beverage Corporation looks to Taiwan for soft drinks
Kirin Beverage Corporation is to expand its soft drink sales into the Taiwan market, aiming to sell 5m cases of RTD tea as part of its plans to diversify overseas sales.
Kirin's 'Nama cha' green tea, 'Ururu cha' tea and 'Gogo-no-Ko cha' black tea will be exported from Japan and China and distributed via its Taiwanese subsidiary to local convenience stores.
"In Taiwan, we will utilise our sales force at the maximum level as we aim to increase sales and enhance market presence of Kirin Beverage brands mainly at convenience stores," a Kirin spokeswoman told just-drinks today (27 May). "These initiatives are in line with our international integrated beverages group strategy."
Active in Taiwan since 1988 when it started beer sales on the island, Kirin plans to import its teas initially from the Chinese mainland and Japan and later consider producing drinks locally.
Kirin Holdings is making its presence felt at San Miguel Brewery, as the Philippines-based brewer announces expansion plans....
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
Suntory Holdings' deal to acquire Orangina Schweppes is another step forward in the Japanese group's plan to expand overseas, writes Michelle Russell....
The economic downturn has impacted all consumer spending, and sales of soft drinks are no exception. But ready-to-drink tea is well positioned to be fairly resilient in this environment, due to its na...
San Miguel Brewery, the Philippines-based brewer, intends to spend more than PHP1bn (US$21.4m) on a new bottling plant....
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Kirin Holdings has launched phase two of its plan to reach JPY2.5tn (US$27bn) in annual net sales and JPY250bn in operating profits by 2015....
Kirin Holdings intends to close two of its breweries in Japan, as part of the company's plan to cut costs in its domestic beer market....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review