UK: Justin Timberlake's 901 Tequila launches in UK
901 Tequila is to roll out in the UK after the brand signed an agreement with distributor Hi-Spirits.
The 40% abv Tequila, which is owned by actor and singer Justin Timberlake, will go on sale in the UK on- and off-trade from this month through Hi-Spirits' elite brands portfolio, Hi-Spirits said today (23 July). It will retail at GBP32.85 (US$50.43) per 70cl bottle, the distributor said.
The Tequila will be listed in JD Weatherspoons pubs and at Gerry's Wines & Spirits in London, a Hi-Spirits spokesperson told just-drinks. The distributor expects to take about 10,000 cases before the end of the year, the spokesperson said, adding that Timberlake was on hand in a London Weatherspoons pub last week to teach staff how to mix cocktails.
“You never know what's going to happen with a brand owned by Justin Timberlake,” the spokesperson said.
The spirit, which is produced at the Tequilera Newton distillery in Jalisco, Mexico, was first launched in the US in 2009 and has since been supported by a TV advertising campaign in the country.
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets