just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2010
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas.
Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2010.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has set out a number of recommendations on the marketing of soft drinks and junk food to children in a bid to curb obesity levels.
William Grant & Sons has completed its deal to acquire the spirits and liqueurs business of C&C Group for EUR300m (US$367m).
SABMiller has sparked a fresh Government investigation into "monopolistic practices" in Mexico's beer industry, but analysts believe the move is unlikely to damage leading brewers FEMSA Cerveza and Grupo Modelo.
Fortune Brands has confirmed that it will break up its three business units and will look to become "focused solely" on its Beam Global Spirits & Wine division.
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is to acquire the North American operations of its largest bottler, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE).
Foster's Group has confirmed that it will demerge its beer and wine units.
Diageo has launched a scathing attack on rival drinks group Bacardi, accusing the rum group of conducting a clandestine “campaign of misinformation” against Diageo's plan to move rum operations to the US Virgin Islands.
Heineken has signed a deal to acquire FEMSA Cerveza, Mexico's second largest brewer, in a deal worth EUR3.8bn (US$5.5bn).
Press speculation out of Australia last week has suggested that Constellation Brands is approaching a deal to sell its Australian and UK operations.
PepsiCo has agreed to buy 66% of Wimm-Bill-Dann for US$3.8bn and plans to acquire full ownership of the juice and dairy giant, in a move that will make PepsiCo the largest food and beverage group in Russia.
SABMiller has been singled out from a growing list of companies seeking to do business in Africa. It stands accused of dodging bullets - tax bullets - but is this fair or helpful?...
We all love a good dust-up, don't we? When company is pitted against company in the arena, we all get a bit carried away. And, the bigger they are, the more bloodthirsty we get....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report