just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Heineken has finally sealed a shareholder deal in India with United Breweries.
The World Cup of beer
One of the biggest games in next year's Fifa World Cup in South Africa will be played out in the nation's bars and retailers.
Kirin Holdings in China
Kirin Holdings is to expand its presence in China's soft drinks market by raising its stake in joint venture group Shanghai Jinjiang Kirin Beverage & Food.
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman has lifted its full-year profits guidance after reporting a rise in earnings for the first half of its fiscal year.
... and Aus/NZ appointment
Brown-Forman has confirmed a replacement for its recently-promoted managing director for Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
The UK's pre-Budget report
UK chancellor Alistair Darling has confirmed that value added tax will return to 17.5% next year, but there will be no further direct rise on alcoholic drinks duty tax.
Diageo's Scotland adventure - the end
Diageo has confirmed that "the vast majority" of workers affected by its planned restructure in Scotland have accepted the company's proposals.
PepsiCo's Gatorade and Tiger Woods
PepsiCo has denied any link between its decision to drop its Gatorade Tiger Focus drink and the current media speculation surrounding the private life of the product's inspiration, golfer Tiger Woods.
Diageo and Femsa
Diageo has been linked to a buyout deal for Mexcian brewer Femsa Cerveza but analysts believe the drinks giant remains very much an outsider, with SABMiller in pole position.
Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines
Diageo is exiting the market for first-growth Bordeaux wines in the US due to falling prices and lower market demand.
The British Beer and Pub Association has said it remains opposed to minimum pricing on alcohol, despite several of its members voicing support for the policy....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research