just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Campari still considers purchases
Gruppo Campari will focus on cutting debt for the next 12 months following its acquisition of Wild Turkey Bourbon, but the Italian drinks firm remains on the lookout for fresh acquisition targets in key emerging markets, according to CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz.
Scottish & Newcastle UK is to close its brewery in Dunston, Gateshead, by mid 2010 with the loss of 63 jobs, as part of owner Heineken's global cost savings programme.
Global energy drink sales in 2008
Sales of energy drinks have doubled in the last five years, according to recent research.
Diageo Q1 sales results
Diageo has reported a 6% fall in sales for its first fiscal quarter, but the drinks giant maintained profits guidance for the year.
Anheuser-Busch InBev and PepsiCo have agreed to jointly purchase indirect goods and services in the US, from technology hardware to travel.
SABMiller Q1 sales volumes
SABMiller has reported a 1% dip in beer sales by volume for its first fiscal quarter, damaged by the effects of the global economic downturn in Eastern Europe.
More divestments from A-B InBev
Anheuser-Busch InBev has agreed to sell brewing assets in Eastern Europe to private equity group CVC Capital Partners for US$2.2bn, taking the brewer over its $7bn disposals target.
Plummeting Champagne sales in the global economic downturn offset a recovery in Cognac and dented Rémy Cointreau's net sales in its fiscal half-year.
PepsiCo gets iPod app slap
PepsiCo has apologised after it was accused of stereotyping women with an iPhone application for its Amp Energy drink in the US, offering advice on how to pick up women.
EU, South Korea trade deal
Scotch whisky distillers have welcomed the signing of a free trade deal between the EU and South Korea, which will see cuts to import tax on their products.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research