just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Majestic Wine drops from 12 to six
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has halved its minimum purchase requirement from 12 bottles to six as it looks to maintain sales in the recession.
Champagne to rein in production
Champagne's ruling council will this week restrict the amount of Champagne allowed onto the market, as new figures suggest export sales have plummeted in the first half of 2009.
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Patrick Piana as the CEO of Rémy Martin Cognac, having lured the 42-year-old from his position at Pernod Ricard USA.
Coca-Cola Co. goes coconuts
The Coca-Cola Company has bought a minority stake in Zico Beverages, the California-based maker of Zico Pure Premium Coconut Water.
Foster's Group holding back bonuses?
Foster's Group has declined to comment on a claim, made by a source to just-drinks, that the firm will not pay bonuses to its Americas wine sales staff for its most recent full-year, following disappointing results.
Brown-Forman Q1 results
Brown-Forman has said that it is "generally pleased" with its performance in the first three months of its fiscal year.
Pernod Ricard FY results, thanks go to Absolut
Pernod Ricard has posted a lift in full-year sales and profits driven by the acquisition of the owner of Absolut vodka, Vin & Sprit.
Three Olives vodka push in US
Proximo Spirits has launched a US$10m television advertising campaign for its Three Olives Vodka brand in the US.
Scotch to bear brunt of minimum alcohol pricing?
The Scotch Whisky Association has attacked a proposal by the Scottish Government to introduce minimum pricing for alcohol in the country.
Wimm-Bill-Dann H1 results
Russian food and beverage group Wimm-Bill-Dann has posted a jump in second-quarter earnings, although a weak rouble weighed on half-year profits.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Pernod Ricard has won a court ruling to protect the image of its Malibu flavoured rum brand, including its signature opaque white bottle, in the US....
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair have said that they remain confident for 2010, despite withdrawals of several high-profile wine companies, including Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends