just the round-up - The week in drinks
Click the links to read more on the top ten news stories published by just-drinks this week.
France, internet alcohol
France's Senate has approved a plan to legalise alcoholic drinks advertising on the internet, but producers remain concerned about the country's powerful anti-alcohol lobby.
A flurry of vineyard plantings in the UK means that wine production could rise from around 200,000 bottles to as much as 2m bottles by 2015, according to a leading industry expert.
Anheuser-Busch');return false;" href="/factsheet.aspx?id=3">Anheuser-Busch InBev is likely to dispose of Eastern Europe assets as it looks to pay down debt and shift its focus to other markets, analysts believe, as private equity groups emerge as the favourites to buy.
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Diageo
Majestic Wine, online wine sales
Diageo has fully acquired Stirrings, the US premium cockatil mixer group, as it looks to target the growing number of consumers drinking at home in the economic downturn.Foster's Australian wine assets, but prices are under pressure.
Coca-Cola Co, Venezuela
Many can smell more than a whiff of political posturing in Venezuela's decision to ban Coca-Cola Zero.
Tata Tea plans to expand from its tea and coffee heartland and compete globally in the 'ready-to-drink' beverages market.
Diageo, IrelandDiageo plans to cut more than 100 jobs in Ireland as part of the group's global restructuring plan in the economic downturn.
Destocking and economic turmoil aside, 2009 must surely be the year when Japan's latent drinks giants seized their chance to make themselves heard on the international scene....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Features of 2009....
Constellation Brands stock fell as much as 7% on Wednesday (16 December) as news broke of a legal battle with joint venture partner Grupo Modelo. Michelle Russell looks at the early fallout....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Comment Pieces of 2009....
Sales of fine wine at auction house Christie's during 2009 were broadly level with 2008, as Asia helped to maintain demand during the global economic downturn....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Temporary destocking of Coca-Cola Co drinks by retail giant Costco will not have a significant impact on fourth quarter volume sales, bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises has said....
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises has raised its earnings guidance for 2009, but said it expects the North American market to remain challenging in 2010....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report