just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
PepsiAmericas, CABC JV
PepsiAmericas is to set up a joint venture with Central America Beverage Corporation (Cabcorp) to serve Caribbean and Central American soft drinks markets.
DPSG Q1 results
Dr Pepper Snapple has reported net sales down 3% for the first quarter of 2009, largely due to the loss of distribution deals for Hansen Natural's Monster Energy drink, but raised earnings guidance for its full-year.
Scotch whisky in China
Scotch Whisky Association CEO Gavin Hewitt will this week hold fresh talks with Chinese officials on securing better protection for authentic Scotch in China.
Heineken UK departure
The managing director of Heineken's UK arm has stepped down from the position with immediate effect.
Private equity group KKR, the buyer of A-B InBev's Oriental Brewery, may join Diageo in buying a stake in India's United Spirits, according to a report.
Diageo in India
Diageo has declined to comment on a report that the drinks giant has asked several of its mid-ranking and senior employees in India to leave the business.
Tax rises in the US?
Raising national tax on alcoholic drinks and sugar-sweetened soft drinks should be considered as a way of paying for healthcare reform in the US, an influential Senate Committee has said.
Britvic H1 results
Britvic's share price has leapt to its highest point for almost a year after the group announced a sales rise for its fiscal first-half.
Coca-Cola Amatil trading update
Coca-Cola Amatil has said that it expects high single-digit profits growth for the first half of 2009.
Labatt Brewing Co. and Brick Brewing
Labatt Brewing Co, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has filed a lawsuit against fellow Canadian group Brick Brewing Co, accusing it of copying one of the group's beer labels.
Analysts and investors raised a toast to SABMiller's half-year results yesterday (19 November), despite a 26% drop in pre-tax profits, reports Michelle Russell....
The Edrington Group has announced the closure of one of its facilities in Scotland....
SABMiller plans to launch a new super-premium beer brand in the UK, where it has overtaken Diageo as the country's largest drinks company by market value....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Scotch Whisky Association would accept a ban on alcohol sales below tax in place of a plan to introduce minimum pricing on drinks, the trade body has said....
Diageo India's head offices have been visited by customs and revenue officials in the country....
Pernod Ricard has announced a global extension of the 'Leave an Impression' advertising platform for the 12 year old variant of Ballantine's Scotch whisky....
A bottle of The Dalmore Oculus Scotch whisky containing malts distilled more than 140 years ago has been sold for GBP27,600 (US$46,000) at auction....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research