just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has said that it is still in talks with United Spirits over the the acquisition of a stake in the Indian drinks giant, following a report that negotiations have stalled.
The Power 100
The global drinks consumer is heading for "safety" when it comes to drinks brands, according to a recent report.
Wine tops UK drinks chart
Wine is the preferred alcoholic drink for consumers in the UK, according to a survey commissioned by the Wine and Spirit Trade Association (WSTA).
PepsiCo has filed a lawsuit against one of its biggest bottlers, Pepsi Bottling Group, accusing board members of illegally setting up measures to block a PepsiCo takeover.
E&J Gallo is looking to enter Russia later this year.
Pernod Ricard has completed a EUR1bn rights issue that will help to secure the drinks giant's financing until 2013.
Pricing and Scotch whisky exports
Minimum pricing on alcoholic drinks in Scotland could set a precedent for foreign governments that would be "immensely damaging", Scotch Whisky Association chairman Paul Walsh has said.
SABMiller has reported a 7% slip in net profits for its fiscal full-year and is to reduce investment to reflect lower consumer demand for beer in the economic downturn.
Constellation calls for collaboration
The wine industry must unite and push wine as a category in emerging markets if it is to succeed, delegates heard at the London International Wine Fair (LIWF).
Ministerial advice for UK drinks trade
A UK minister has warned the alcoholic drinks industry that it must work closer with authorities to highlight the pitfalls of raising excise duties.
Back in February last year, the owners of the Ketel One vodka brand, the Netherlands-based Nolet family, announced a tie-up for the brand with Diageo. The deal not only signaled the end of Diageo's in...
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
Diageo has poured cold water on suggestions that it acted inappropriately by receiving public money to expand the firm's Scotch whisky facilities....
PepsiCo's board of directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.45 per share on the soft drink giant's common stock....
PepsiCo has temporarily withdrawn documents filed with US the Federal Trade Commission on its acquisition of all outstanding shares in Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas....
Radico Khaitan, the India-based spirits group, is looking to raise INR3.75bn (US$80.8m) and has increased the threshold for foreign ownership of the company....
The chief executive of Diageo was due to meet with union officials at the company's Kilmarnock and Port Dundas sites today (9 November) to outline reasons for the proposed closure of operations there....
Britvic has declined to comment on a report that it is looking to raise US$150m (GBP91.5m) via a private share placement in the US....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts