just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
PepsiCo has launched an acquisition move to buy the outstanding shares in The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) and PepsiAmericas.
Vijay Rekhi, the president of United Spirits India, has distanced the drinks group from speculation that it is looking to sell Scotch whisky group Whyte & Mackay.
Brown-Forman has declined to comment on further speculation linking it to a possible merger, this time with Bacardi.
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the World Whiskies Conference.
Brown-Forman job cuts
Brown-Forman is to cut 6% of its global workforce as part of a US$25m cost savings programme made necessary by the economic downturn, the US spirits firm has said.
Cobra Beer has declined to comment on a report that entrepreneur Wilbur Ross and brewer Molson Coors have teamed up to buy the firm.
World Whiskies Conference
Delegates from the world of brown spirits gathered in London today for day one of the two-day World Whiskies Conference. You can expect more from us over the next couple of days, but here are some choice quotes from the speeches so far.
The best quotes from day two of the World Whiskies Conference in London.
Moët Hennessy and Diageo
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has moved to quash speculation linking it to a divestment of its wine and spirits division to Diageo.
The UK Budget 2009
Duty tax on alcoholic drinks will rise by 2%, UK Chancellor Alistair Darling has announced in his Budget Speech, to the dismay of drinks trade bodies.
Companies: Brown-Forman, The Pepsi Bottling Group, PepsiAmericas, United Spirits Limited, Whyte and Mackay, Bacardi Ltd, PepsiCo, Cobra Beer, Molson Coors, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Maxxium, Diageo, LVMH Group
Pepsi Bottling Ventures (PBV), the third largest PepsiCo bottler in the US, is to purchase Pepsi Cola Bottling Company of Conway-Myrtle Beach....
A joint procurement deal between PepsiCo and Anheuser-Busch this week has seen the two drinks giants form a global alliance to purchase indirect goods and services in the US, from technology hardware ...
PepsiAmericas has confirmed details of its latest dividend payout....
Anheuser-Busch InBev and PepsiCo have agreed to jointly purchase indirect goods and services in the US from technology hardware to travel....
PepsiCo will refile its application to the US Federal Trade Commission for approval of a deal to buy out Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Plano-based PepsiCo reported what it described as a "solid" profit performance in its third quarter of 2009 yesterday (8 October), beating analyst expectations....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research