just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports that it could be sold by its parent company in the coming months.
Innocent to sell off stake?
UK smoothie group Innocent Drinks has said it is scouting for potential bidders for a minority stake in its company.
Australian RTD tax
Australia's 70% take hike on ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages, or 'alcopops', hangs in the balance as the country's Senate prepares for a key vote on the issue.
Brown-Forman has posted a slight lift in net profit for the first nine months of its fiscal year, despite slowing sales in its third quarter.
Boston Beer Company results
The Boston Beer Company has posted a marked drop in profits for 2008, thanks in part to a product recall in April last year.
Portman Group orders Baby rebrand
Two UK drinks containing vodka are being forced to re-brand following a complaint under the Portman Group's code of practice.
Minimum price for alcohol hits glitch
Plans to restrict alcoholic drinks sales in Scotland, including the introduction of minimum pricing, cannot be implemented without fresh legislation, opposition parties have warned.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's divestment needs
Anheuser-Busch InBev is no longer under pressure to sell assets in 2009, due to progress on cost savings and a strong cash flow, analysts believe.
Asahi Breweries has secured a binding agreement to acquire Cadbury's soft drinks business in Australia.
SABMiller unit continues Chinese buys
SABMiller's Chinese joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, is to buy a brewery in the country's Shandong province for around US$42m.
Yesterday (2 September), Brown-Forman posted a better-than-expected set of first quarter results. Company CEO, Paul Varga spoke exclusively to just-drinks yesterday afternoon, to explain the secret be...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Brown-Forman has launched a limited edition Christmas gift pack for Chambord, its French black raspberry liqueur brand, in the UK....
Brown-Forman has launched a promotional campaign in the US that involves donating a tree for every certificate redeemed from a bottle of Finlandia vodka....
Brown-Forman has commissioned the production of a US$2m diamond, gold and pearl bottle for its Chambord liqueur brand for the UK market....
Brown-Forman has said that it is "generally pleased" with its performance in the first three months of its fiscal year....
Brown-Forman has posted a strong rise in profits for its first fiscal quarter, despite a slip in sales for the period....
Brown-Forman has appointed John Kristin Sirchio as its chief marketing officer with effect from 16 November....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future