just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
CEDC completes Whitehall purchase
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has closed its acquisition of a 49.9% voting interest and a 75% economic interest in the Whitehall Group.
The UK-listed brewer SABMiller saw its share index soar 6% this morning (27 May) following reports that InBev had considered making a bid for it.
Diageo brands, Guinness and Bushmills, have been announced as commercial partners of the British & Irish Lions Tour of South Africa in 2009.
The Famous Grouse brings Black Grouse to UK
The Famous Grouse is launching its Swedish best seller The Black Grouse in the UK from June, the company said today (28 May).
Otsuka buys into Alma
Otsuka Pharmaceutical has signed an agreement to purchase a 49% stake in Alma, which produces Cristaline, France's leading bottled mineral water brand.
The Coca-Cola Co. upbeat on 2008
The Coca-Cola Co has expressed continued confidence in the company's global business outlook for the second quarter and full year 2008.
Coca-Cola Enterprises downbeat on Q2
Coca-Cola Enterprises is expecting a mid to high single-digit drop in its comparable second quarter earnings per share as a result of the weak American economy.
The prospective head of Pernod Ricard has warned that there could be a reduction in the number of flavoured editions of the Absolut vodka brand going forward.
InBev looks for India presence uplift
InBev has confirmed that it is in talks to up its presence in India.
Purchase only way to grow Champagne - Pernod Ricard
The head of Pernod Ricard has suggested that the French group may look to acquire extra vines or wines in the Champagne region going forward.
A tangled web of tax and regulations across Indian states remains a major barrier to beer market growth in the country, the head of SABMiller India has said....
Enterprise Inns has issued an apology to Carlsberg over claims it was delisting the lager in UK pubs and restaurants, according to reports....
MillerCoors has appointed San Antonio-based Bromley Communications as its Hispanic media planning and buying agency in the US....
Anheuser-Busch is launching the second wave of a US$50m advertising campaign for its Bud Light brand in the US....
Anheuser-Busch's stake in a brewer in China would appear to be one of the more likely divestments following the US company's sale to InBev last week, according to an analyst....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up a rights issue to help fund the newly-named company's recent acquisition of Anheuser-Busch....
SABMiller and United Breweries have jointly filed a lawsuit against the government of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research