just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Champagne market will only return to the level of its 2011 record high in 2018, on the back of a recovery in its main European markets such as the UK, Germany and Belgium, and growth outside Europe, a new just-drinks report has forecast.
Supplies of California wines are unlikely to be significantly affected by the earthquake that hit two of the state's main wine regions at the weekend, according to a trade group.
Strong sales in its export markets and a weak South African rand has helped Distell deliver a double-digit rise in full-year revenue.
Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) has acquired 50% ownership rights for Mansion House brandy and Savoy Club whiskey in south Asia.
Brown-Forman is targeting a mid to high single-digit increase in full-year sales, although the first quarter saw sales growth slow.
Bacardi has appointed a new chief financial officer as the current incumbent has left the firm after less than two years in the role.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on reports that it is looking to cut sugar content in its beverages after CEO Indra Nooyi met with officials in India.
Pernod Ricard has reported a double-digit fall in full-year net profits as volumes of its headline brands dipped slightly.
SodaStream is considering closing a West Bank factory that sparked protests against its products, but said the final decision will be “purely financial”, according to a report.
SABMiller has upped its earnings from the sale of its Tsogo Sun Holdings shares to ZAR10.6bn (US$1bn) after divesting the last of its interest.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research