just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Private equity firm Lion Capital has declined to comment on a report it has teamed up with Whyte & Mackay's (W&M) former CEO to table a bid for the Scotch whisky producer.
South Africa's bulk wine producers are likely to have to find new markets this year as competition in Europe intensifies, according to a new report
SABMiller has confirmed that it expects to cut around 400 jobs at its South African soft drinks unit Amalgamated Beverage Industries (ABI).
Gruppo Campari has agreed to pay EUR103.75m (US$143m) for Italian liqueur maker Averna Group.
The Coca-Cola Co has seen the first quarter of this year mirror its performance in 2013, with sales and profits dipping as volumes held firm.
Moët Hennessy has lined up the purchase of grand cru de côte-de-nuits Clos des Lambrays.
Export volumes of Australian wine fell by 6% in the last year, but the average value of wine being shipped rose slightly, latest figures reveal.
A contractual dispute between Miller Brewing Company (MBC) and Molson Coors is heading to court after settlement talks between the two broke down.
Diageo has reported flat nine-month sales and a drop in volumes as problems in Asian markets took their toll.
PepsiCo has posted a jump in first-quarter group profits, despite flat global beverage volumes and continuing CSD declines in North America.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014