just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
SABMiller is to merge its South Africa and Africa units with the head of the latter to lead the enlarged region.
Brooklyn Brewery and Carlsberg have lifted the curtain on a new joint brewery in Sweden.
Diageo plans to release a single grain Scotch whisky in partnership with David Beckham and British media mogul Simon Fuller.
Bacardi has announced that its president & CEO, Ed Shirley, has left the company after two years in the role.
The new head of Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has admitted the company has too many brands, while making clear he can be “cold” when it comes to discarding assets.
Stock Spirits' largest shareholder, Oaktree Capital Management, has sold its entire 36.8% stake in the group.
Constellation Brands has reported a big jump in full-year profits and sales after its newly-acquired beer business drove growth.
PepsiCo is to roll out three Pepsi extensions in the US sweetened with “real” sugar.
Export volumes of Champagne to its biggest market, the UK, fell last year, but Belgium, Australia and Sweden saw healthy rises.
Export sales of Scotch whisky by value were flat last year as sales to China fell sharply, but demand in the US and India hit a record high.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts