just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Heineken has started construction on a third Chinese brewery as it aims to secure stronger margins in the high-growth market.
Wine trade bodies in China and Europe have reached an amicable agreement over differences linked to anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations triggered by Beijing last year.
AG Barr has seen its sales outpace the UK soft drinks market in 2013 as it reported a healthy rise in full-year profits.
The Russian division of Anheuser-Busch InBev has announced the intended closure of another of its breweries in the country.
The shareholders of Beam Inc have voted in favour of Suntory Holdings' proposed takeover offer, with the purchase set to complete by the end of April.
Constellation Brands is to expand the Chinese distribution of its Robert Mondavi wine brand with a new partnership in the country.
Sales of fruit-flavoured cider in the UK have more than doubled in the last two years, ahead of the overall category, with growth expected to continue, according to market researchers.
Visitor numbers to ProWein 2014 climbed by 7% this year as the wine trade show attracted twice as many people from Hong Kong and China as the previous year.
Stock Spirits has seen one-off costs, predominantly from its IPO last year, hit the bottom line in 2013.
Diageo has outlined changes to its top-level management as it prepares to up its focus on China and India.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research