just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed the appointment of a new CEO for its Rémy Martin Cognac division, only four days after the sudden departure of the previous incumbent.
PepsiCo has announced plans to invest US$5bn in Mexico, which will include boosting production capacity for its beverage and food units.
Diageo has made another foray into the Tequila category with the purchase of the Peligroso brand.
SodaStream has backed its Super Bowl advert after broadcasters rejected the company's submission for the second year in a row because it namechecks PepsiCo and the Coca-Cola Co.
China is now the world’s biggest consumer of red wine after a 136% jump in drinking levels in the last five years, according to latest figures.
Vinexpo is looking to introduce consumer ‘activities’ linked to the group’s global exhibitions, and to up the events' overall focus on spirits.
The organisers of the ProWein wine exhibition are planning to markedly increase the size of the event next year, as demand for stand space outstrips current availability.
Britvic remains on-track to deliver a rise in full-year profits, with sales in the first three months of its fiscal year delivering a slight increase.
Treasury Wine Estates has followed yesterday's share trade suspension with a profits warning for its current fiscal year.
Diageo has reported slowing sales growth in the latter three months of its fiscal first half, as issues affecting the spirits category in China took a firm hold.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research