just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed its intention to buy back Oriental Brewery in South Korea.
PepsiCo has confirmed that it has pulled a line of Gatorade it marketed as “natural” because the products did not “resonate” with the targeted consumer group.
SABMiller has reported a slight rise in third-quarter sales and volumes as its performance in emerging markets offset weakness in Europe and North America.
Remy Cointreau has blamed continuing problems in China for a double digit slip in third-quarter sales that has left its year-to-date performance lagging.
Suntory has denied it is bidding to acquire Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay.
Nelson Peltz, the US billionaire and activist investor, will halt his campaign to merge PepsiCo with Mondelez International after the Cadbury chocolate producer appointed him to its board.
Exports sales of Australian wine fell by volume and value last year as many markets remained “challenging” for the country's producers, new figures reveal.
Remy Cointreau has confirmed to just-drinks that the CEO of its Remy Martin Cognac division will step down from the position.
SABMiller-owned Carlton & United Breweries is to discontinue its Bluetongue beer brand as it plans to shutter its Australian production site.
The CEO of Edrington has said that broad-based demand for Scotch whisky has given the category a momentum “that we haven’t seen before”.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research