just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has offered to sell the "bulk" of Whyte & Mackay after the UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) concluded that its acquisition of the Glasgow-based Scotch producer could lead to a "substantial lessening" of competition in the whisky market.
The Coca-Cola Co has completed its takeover of US firm Zico Beverages after acquiring the shares it did not already own in the coconut water company.
The wine division of Belvédère-owned Marie Brizard has informed its works council of plans to cut 56 posts from a total workforce of 206.
The new brand director of Pernod Ricard's gin portfolio has told just-drinks that the gin category is experiencing a boom, but only in the super premium tier.
Anheuser-Bush InBev is aiming to capitalise on the growing US cider market with a new brand launch next year, just-drinks can reveal.
Rémy Cointreau has warned of a double-digit fall in full-year operating profits as a Cognac slowdown in China hit its half-year results.
Britvic has posted an increase in full-year profits as the company unveiled plans to expand its Fruit Shoot partnership in the US with PepsiCo.
Treasury Wine Estates has trimmed its executive team, resulting in the departure of two of its regional heads.
Edrington is to build a new GBP100m (US$163m) distillery and visitors centre for The Macallan Scotch whisky brand, which will see a “significant” capacity rise for the single malt.
Grupo Petropolis has begun production at its latest facility in Brazil, targeting the beer markets in the north-east of the country.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015