just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Treasury Wine Estates has said it “strongly denies any allegations of wrongdoing” as it faces the prospect of a lawsuit from shareholders over its US business activities.
Red Bull has declined to comment directly on reports of a US$85m lawsuit filed against it by the family of a New York man who died after allegedly drinking one of its energy drinks.
Brown-Forman has launched a lawsuit against a Tennessee-based drinks firm over claims that consumers will confuse its white whiskey with Jack Daniel's.
Mezcal producer Casa Armando Guillermo Prieto (Casa AGP) is set for a boost after signing an exclusive Mexico distribution deal with Bacardi.
The UK should consider adopting a similar structure to the US' three-tier alcohol system to tackle alcohol duty fraud, a trade group has recommended.
Asahi Group's Australian unit has written down the value of its alcohol business, Independent Liquor, by AUD464m (US$440m), according to reports.
Kirin Holdings has seen a slowdown in sales growth in its year-to-date, but its bottom line remained healthy from the Fraser & Neave stake sale.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has seen its profits return to the black for 2013 so far, despite another tough three months for its operations in Brazil.
Beam Inc has said it expects a strong final quarter to the year after a weak Q3 pushed down year-to-date profits.
Light beer continues to struggle in the US, but the overall beer market in the country delivered increases in sales by both value and volume last year, according to recent research.
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
As just-drinks publishes its latest on-trend report, which focuses on the craft beer sub-category, Larry Nelson ponders the future for the segment in its biggest market, the US....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends