just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
AG Barr is switching its attention to GlaxoSmithKline's Lucozade and Ribena brands, following the collapse of its proposed merger with Britvic, according to UK reports.
The corporate relations director of Diageo is set to leave the company next year.
The French division of Nestlé Waters has confirmed its latest bottled water divestment, with the sale of Val St Lambert to the Société des Eaux Minérales d’Ogeu (SEMO).
Six bottled water suppliers in Australia have agreed to remove the term 'organic' from their brand names after the country's consumer watchdog said the term is “misleading” for water.
Drinks brands are “lagging” behind in the UK's surge in internet grocery shopping and should up their focus on exclusive web-only premium products, according to an industry expert.
The Coca-Cola Company has pointed to “unusually” poor weather in its second quarter after reporting a drop in first-half profits and sales.
SPI Group has announced another change of regional director in Asia Pacific – its third in 15 months.
SABMiller is predicting medium-term mid-single digit volume growth in its Asia Pacific region, with China driving the rise but Australia impacting more on its bottom line.
Activist investor Nelson Peltz has claimed that PepsiCo's current model is “unsustainable” and urged the group to buy snacks firm Mondelez.
Licensed vodka production in Russia fell by 28.3% in the first half of this year, while the black market is growing, according to local reports.
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The rate of consolidation in the spirits category is markedly slower than that of many consumer industries. So, could the news this week that Suntory is set to buy Beam Inc trigger a wave of M&A? Past...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research